- Born in Charlottetown, P.E.I.
- Graduated from U.P.E.I. in 1980 and in the same year purchased two Tim Hortons.
- President of D. P. Murphy Inc. that now operates 19 Tim Horton Restaurants on P.E.I., 5 Wendy’s Restaurants on P.E.I., 10 Wendy’s Restaurants in Montreal, Quebec and 11 Wendy’s Restaurants in the Ontario Market. D. P. Murphy Inc. also operates 3 Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites (Charlottetown, Saint John and Fredericton, N.B., Super 8 - Charlottetown, 2 Hampton Inns – (Moncton, N.B. and Sydney, N.S.), Future Inns - Halifax, Four Points by Sheraton – Moncton, Dalvay by the Sea, Leon’s Furniture Store and a Oak Acres Children’s Camp – a summer camp for Island Children.
- D. P. Murphy Inc. opened the first Wendy’s/Tim Hortons Combo Restaurant in June, 1992 in Montague, PEI.
- D. P. Murphy Inc. has approximately 2,200 employees.
- Danny has sat on the National Advisory Board for Tim Hortons and also on the Franchise Advisory Council for Wendy’s Restaurants of Canada for numerous years.
- Danny Lives with his wife, Martie in Stanhope, P.E.I. and has 6 children – Karen, Laura, Stevie, Will, Dannie and Georgie and three grandchildren
Coach Atlantic Transportation Group is Atlantic Canada’s leading passenger transportation company having over 150 vehicles in its fleet and operating 7 terminals across the Maritimes. Coach Atlantic services its charter, scheduled line run and municipal public transit operations thanks to a staff of 300 dedicated employees. Matthew’s father, Michael Cassidy, purchased his first motorcoach company in 2005. Since then, 15 additional companies have been started or acquired to grow the company into what it is today…operating under three distinct brands, Coach Atlantic, Maritime Bus and T3 Transit.
In 2014, Matthew joined the company as VP Finance & Taxation, where he looks after financial reporting, capital budgeting, sourcing financing and implementing operational improvements. Matthew earned a BBA from UPEI in 2010, received his CA designation in 2013 and in 2015 completed the CPA Canada’s In-Depth Tax Course. Prior to joining in the family business, he worked for 5 years with the public accounting firm ArsenaultBestCameronEllis.